Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Every Bloomin' Thing-- Late April

I've been working in the yard most days. Lots of weeding, cutting down dead perennials from last year, transplanting, thinning out, and avoiding bees since I have several large nests out in the flower beds. I also have to be careful about ant nests. Always an unpleasant experience to be kneeling on or standing on one. At least they aren't fire ants.

I've been enjoying listening to the Drive's WDRV 96.9 FM A to Z songs they have been doing since last Thursday. Sun, warm, tunes and dirt. hey, I tell you, "Don't get much better than that."

I'm going to have to do some leveling on some of the Windsor stone retaining walls later this summer.

I've planted two new Clematis plants, three columbines, three coral bells, a spirea and two ferns.

The robin spends lots of time sitting on her nest so perhaps there are eggs. Can't keep the birdfeeder full as the sparrows are sure ravenous. Talk about squabbling. We have at least one squirrel that hangs around and a couple days ago, i saw two.

The three Bradford pear trees and weeping cherry have about run out, but the four crabapples are bursting out. Daffodills and hyacinths are mostly gone, but tulips have replaced them. The various colors of creeping phlox are blooming as is some yellow perennial so lots of color there.

Just a Peek. --RoadDog


Here's a Real Groaner: I knew someone once who was a monorail enthusiast. He had a one-track mind. GROAN!!

No comments: