Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Doin' My Part to Get the Country Back on Track

Even if Big Oil and the Hedgies aren't.

Not only am I stuck with CDs earning whopping interest anywhere from .5% to 1.5%. But, also today, I fired off a check for $5,195 to Uncle Sam on top of the taxes I already paid.

I am doing my good citizen thing. And, I haven't even seen my NEW property taxes which were $8500 last year. Definitely bleeding taxes through the ears.


A CUBS RESPITE

Tomorrow, I will drown my sorrows going out to Wrigley Field, well, on the bus there and back, anyway. I can't afford to pay he prices at the ball park. I'm betting they are at least $6.

I can't help but remember writing in my journal back in April of 1981 that I had gone out to Wrigley for the first time that season and found that I couldn't afford to drink there any more as they had raised beer prices to $1.50!!!

A Cubs fan...Unless They Play the Sox. --RoadDog


Maxine says the economy is so bad that Exxon-Mobil had to lay off 25 Congressmen.

No comments: