Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where Were You March 28, 1967?-- Part 2

Continuing with Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots Time Warp back to this date. All comments mine since I was driving on I-40 in North Carolina then, and even with the two simulcast stations, it was too far to pick it up.

A LITTLE BIT ME, A LITTLE BIT YOU-- MONKEES-- Loved that short-lived Beatles knock-off show. What were the zany lads up to next and what really was under Micheal's hat?
THERE'S A KIND OF A HUSH-- HERMAN'S HERMITS-- "All over the world, tonight

BERNADETTE-- FOUR TOPS-- Ahh, that great Motown sound. Go Levi. Go Levi.
BABY I NEED YOUR LOVIN'-- JOHNNY RIVERS-- Imagine Good Ol' John doing a cover song? Who could have figured? I'm sure Bob played this after the previous song because this was a Four Tops effort.

WESTERN UNION-- FIVE AMERICANS-- A two-hit wonder with bad news in their hand.
MR. UNRELIABLE-- CRYAN' SHAMES-- Chicago's own off the "Scratch in the Sky" album. "There's no need to worry about the future."

MY BACK PAGES-- BYRDS-- A great Byrds song you don't get to hear often enough.
DARLIN' BE HOME SOON-- LOVIN' SPOONFUL-- One of my very favorite Spoonful songs.

SWEETS FOR MY SWEET-- RIDDLES-- Liz was quizzing me over the songs by giving me the title and I had to guess the group. I missed Johnny Rivers and never would have guessed this one. Riddles? Must be a Bob thing. I knew the song, but not the group. "Sugar for my honey."

I Know What I'll Do for a Job. I'll Sling Whoppers. --RoadDog


The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

No comments: