Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Way Up High in Wrigley-- The Bob Uecker Seats-- Part 1

Some Wrigley Field Observations:

*** $6.75 beer!!! Like, oh yeah, I'm sure going to spend that much to drink. But that sure didn't stop the people on the bus. I remember writing in my journal after my first trip to Wrigley back in 1981 that they had raised the price of beer to $1.50 and I couldn't drink there anymore.

*** We were sitting way up high in the left field upper grandstand. My seat was Row 8 seat 108. The absolute farthest you could get was Row 9 seat 112. I sat there for awhile. If you're going to be almost as far away as you can get, you might as well be the farthest you can be. Like Bob said, "Must be in the front row."

*** Real funny bus driver. As we were preparing to leave Sequoit Lodge in Antioch, Illinois, he got the microphone and said, "By the way, you do realize you can't drink on busses in Illinois. There was a momentary pause and gasp, then every one started laughing. Real funny!!

A Bad day at the Ballpark is Still Better Than a Good Day at Work. --RoadDog

Maxine says the economy is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf.

No comments: