Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

JSS: Achin' Back-- "Pops"-- The "Y" Generation

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.

I definitely must be getting older. And here are some reasons.


1. ACHIN' BACK-- Right now, my back and muscles all over are screaming after I put in a lot of time working on weeds and dead flowers on the east end of the arboretum and north end of Frances' Back Forty. Back in my 40s, when we just bought the house, I did a lot more and with no pain. Maybe I'm getting old (well, older).


2. "POPS"-- I'm not sure, but I think one of the people on the bus we took to Wrigley Field Thursday called me "Pops." How could that be? Oh yes, the average age on the bus was probably 27.

Looks like another epiphany like with the Delta Sigs in the late 80s when Liz went looking for me and I was having a perfectly good time at the house party. She went up to the girls at the door and asked if her husband was in there. They said, "You mean that old man?" Liz, of course, found this very humorous. When she told me, I realized they could have been my kids.


3. THE "Y" GENERATION-- Like I said, the average age on the bus to Wrigley couldn't have been more than 25. I don't think I ever heard the "F" word used more in one day. It has become THE universal adjective with this new generation. Quite a few tats and piercings also.

Of course, it is the "Y" generation referring to their rear ends with those low lying pants. Plus, we had one guy who couldn't have been prouder of his tight little derriere that he wanted everyone to admire. He was asked to leave by park personnel and then two females got upset and started using language and were asked to leave as well.

Pucker Up Buttercup. --RoadDog

Maxine says that Congress is looking deeper into the Bernie Madoff scandal. Well, ain't that just great. The guy who made $50 billion disappear is being investigated by people who made $1.5 trillion disappear.

No comments: