Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Big Time for the NCAA Tournament

I know where I am going to be in about 45 minutes. Time to do some serious TV watching.

I like all of the Final Four teams.

That Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight was mostly the thing that makes college b-ball so great. Four of the Sweet Sixteen games were what I classify as "Something Else."

Michigan State's win over Northern Iowa (59-52), Tennessee's victory over Ohio State (76-73), Butler knocking off #1 Syracuse (63-59), and Kansas State's double overtime win over Xavier (101-96) were all stuff of legends.

Then, three of the four Elite Eight games were "Something Else" as well, with the fourth's West Virginia 73-66 win over Kentucky (who I thought would win the whole thing) was no slouch.

Sunday, I listened to the two games when I could get reception and watched part of them while stopping at NTN sites. Actually, I drove by Durham, NC, home of Duke and Knoxville, home of Tennessee on Sunday. And, I was really hoping the Volunteers would win as i would have stopped at the party along Cumberland Avenue (US-70). There are many, many, many bars in a three block stretch.

That would have been a great victory party, but alas, Tennessee had every opportunity to win, but blew it.

The Duke-Baylor game was back and forth until the last two minutes when Duke hit those two three-pointers to open it up.

Here's Hoping Tonight's Games Will be Just as Good. --RoadDog

No comments: