Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 2, 2010

It's Them, Not Me: A Hedge of a Way to Go

I must have gotten into the wrong line of business.

The April 1st New York Times had an article about hedge fund managers doing fairly well while I am nailing those unbelievable CD interest rates.

One of these guys, initials D. T., pulled down a cool $4 billion for his efforts. He bet correctly that the government was going to bail out the banks and as a result, his fund went up 130% last year. I'll think of that when I get my next three-fourth of a per cent of interest on my six month CD.

The article went on to say that the 25 highest-paid hedge fund managers pulled in 25.3 billion for their gambling efforts. G.S. had $3.3 billion. Overall, HFMs made a minimum of $350 million.

I'm glad to see that some folks are doing so well.

Something Just Ain't Right Here. --RoadDog


I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.

No comments: