Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Way Up High in Wrigley-- The Bob Uecker Seats-- Part 2

*** And speaking of Bob Uecker and those hilarious Miller Lite commercials, I noticed that the Brewer announcer was not asked to sing the Seventh Inning Stretch as he has a habit of saying "Root, root, root for the Brewers" instead of Cubbies.

*** Rooftop Businesses. I haven't been to Wrigley in a lot of years, but am amazed at how many of the buildings across both streets in the outfield have bleacher-type seating. All but three buildings had them, and two of those had billboards.

*** What's in a number?-- Part 1-- I must admit that I didn't notice that all the players were wearing #42 in honor of Jackie Robinson. I didn't realize it until I was watching the Sox game and was wondering why I kept seeing that number. And, at $6.75, believe me it wasn't because I had had too much to drink!!

*** What's in a number?-- Part 2-- I noticed the foul poles on each side had flags of what I imagine were retired Cub player' numbers. On our side, we had Santo 10, Banks 14 and Jenkins 31.

The other foul pole was too far away to read the names, but I did see the numbers. Jersey watching in the ballpark, I came up with the names: Williams 26, Sandberg 23 and another 31. I couldn't figure out why Fergie Jenkins would have his number up twice. Then I saw a Greg Maddox 31 jersey. That's right, they both had #31 and that number was retired last year.

*** And speaking of Fergie Jenkins, the local Fox Lake Menard's store had a grand reopening and Wednesday they had Jenkins there signing autographs. I dropped by after the movie, but the line was at least two hours long, so decided not to wait.

He's looking good.

A Great day for a Ball Game. Too Bad the Cubs Lost. --RoadDog


Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today might come back to burn your ass tomorrow.

No comments: