Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Music Death: Dave Clark Five Bassist

RICK HUXLEY, 72

 Died Feb. 11, 2013  Played bass on the band's signature hits like "Glad All Over" and "Bits and Pieces" they briefly rivaled the Beatles in popularity.

Part of the British Invasion including the Kinks and Rolling Stones..  The band had a huge following in the United States (including myself, I didn't know if I like them of the Beatles better) especially after their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show where drummer Dave Clark kept the beat and offered up his exuberant vocals.  The group broke up in 1970 after twelve years of playing together.

I can never remember if the first single I bought was their "Anyway You Want It" or the Hollies' "Look Through Any Window."

I'm a Feeling.  --RoadDog

No comments: