Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Going Back to 1968-- Part 1

These were great high school days for me, between junior and senior years at good ol' Pal High in Palatine, Illinois.  Working at the Palatine BK (Burger King) and earning a whole buck an hour and all the Whoppers I could eat.

Tough life, but someone's got to do it.

I was also sports editor of the school newspaper, The Cutlass and yearbook and going steady with Liz.

Saturday Morning Flashback on WXRT in Chicago featured 1968 and these were the songs Wendy Rice played from 8 to noon.

I GOT A LINE ON YOU--  Spirit
GREEN TAMBOURINE--  Lemon Pipers
WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS--Beatles
I THANK YOU--  Sam and Dave
SWEET BLINDNESS--  Laura Nyro

SUZIE-Q--  Creedence Clearwater Revival-- The first song by my favorite group!!
I CAN'T QUIT HER--  Blood, Sweat & Tears (before David Clayton-Thomas)
HELLO, I LOVE YOU--  Doors--  Always reminds me of driving to Honey Hill in Wauconda with the evening BK crew.
MONTERREY--  Eric Burdon & the Animals
ON THE WAY HOME--  Buffalo Springfield--  The beginning of that great country-rock sound.

Great Times Back Then.  --RoadDog


OVERHEARD IN 1955:  Can't afford trips anymore.  They're charging $2 to stay in a motel. 

No comments: