Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snow, Snow and Then Some More Snow

Well, at least the snowmobilers are happy, but I'm not.  I hate it when I have to suffer so they can have a good time.  It's just not fair.

Yesterday morning was very windy with forecasts of 4-5 inches of snow starting in the afternoon.  It started at 12:30 PM and was coming down hard and blowing on top of it.  I went out to clear it off the driveway at 4 and we already had at least 5 inches and even 20 inches in one drift.

I used the snowblower on the driveway and cleared it off except for the pile the wonderful village snowplow had deposited by the street.  Wonder if he can read my thoughts, especially after I've just cleared it off by the street.

Went back out at 6:15 and we had another four inches.  I wasn't looking forward to attacking the now larger pile by the street and was I ever happy to see next door neighbor Rick drive up in his snow plow.  THANK YOU RICK!!

Today, I cleared off another four inches and also did the driveways of two neighbors.  One is on vacation in Mexico (good place to be right now).  The other neighbor blew his knee out a couple months ago and can't do it.

We could, however, be in Kansas City or Oklahoma, so it could be worse.

And!!  Not One Snowmobiler Came By to Clear Off My Driveway.  My Aching Back.   --RoadDog


TOO PUNNY:  Three friars opened up a florist shop to raise money for the church and were doing so well, a florist across town asked them to please close so he could stay in business.  They refused, so the other florist hired Hugh McTaggert, one of the meanest thugs around to "persuade" them.  He beat them up and trashed their shop and said he'd be back if they didn't close.  They did

Thereby proving that "Only Hugh can prevent florist friars."

No comments: