Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Well, It's Mardi Gras Day...Again

Bon Ton Roulet, Folks!!  Pardon my French. Let the Good Times Roll.

And I'll be starting right as soon as I get the garbage rolled out to the street.  One of the more mundane things I have to do today.

We'll be heading up to Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, for Donovan's Reef.  Really nothing Mardi Gra-ish going on there.  I would play my copy of the movie "The Big Easy," but it is VHS and they only have DVD.  This is the movie that got me hooked on New Orleans music.  Man, that stuff just blew me away and I had never heard of it before.

I will bring along a couple, two, tree CDs of the stuff and play it on my boombox.

We did buy a King Cake at a local bakery and will bring it along.  I'm sure most have never had any.

We have been to three Mardi Gras parades.  Two were at Panama City, Florida and one at Mobile, Alabama, where they had the very first Mardia Gras (before that Orleans place).  This was the Saturday before the 2012 Go-Daddy Bowl where our Northern Illinois played Arkansas State.

Had a great time at both, but if you're ever filming it, watch out for flying beads (especially when the folks on the float don't separate them and throw a whole bunch at once.  They HURT!!  When you get hit in the face.  One thing we liked at Mobile was that they also threw mini-Moon Pies and not just the usuals, but there were a couple different ones that were REALLY good.    Mobile drops a huge Moon Pie on New Year's Eve.

Anyway,  Feast Up!!  --RoadDog


OVERHEARD IN 1955:  I doubt that fast food will ever catch on.

No comments: