Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Say Goodbye to the McRib-- Part 1

From the Dec. 17, 2012, Business Insider: Eleven Amazing Facts About McDonald's McRib."

I haven't been by a McDonald's in the last week, but imagine those mouthwatering McRibs are gone for another ten months or so.  Always sad to see them go because I sure love 'em.

As the article says, "the legendary boneless pork beef sandwich, famously moulded to resemble a rack of ribs" and, ever so good.  Hey, even licking your fingers is a treat after eating one.  And then, there's that satisfying later belch bringing back fond memories.

This year they were supposed to come out in October, but were pushed back to help year-end sales...and they sure got some from me.

Anyway, my friend Lulu sent me this list and I felt obliged to include it here.

1.  IT CAME ABOUT BECAUSE OF A CHICKEN SHORTAGE--  The chicken McNuggets proved so popular in 1979, that they were running out of chicken.  So, bring something else out.

2.  IT WAS INSPIRED BY SOUTHERN BBQ--  They were modeled after Charleston, SC, ribs.

Nine More Reasons to Love 'E,.  --RoadDog

OVERHEARD IN 1944:  They might raise the minimum wage to $1.  (Hey, that is what I got paid at my first job at Burger King in 1967.)

No comments: