Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Getting My Mardi Gras On

Listening to the CD "The Great Sounds of New Orleans" right now, a Hurricane Katrina benefit album featuring such greats as:the Meters, Neville Brothers, Dixie Cups, Radiators, Buckwheat Zydeco, Allen Toussaint, Clifton Chernier and Dr. John.

I've loved Louisiana music ever since seeing the movie "Big Easy" which blew me away with that great music that I was completely unfamiliar with at the time.

I found the Mardi Gras hat I bought down in Panama City Beach and will be putting the Mardi Gras ribbon on the front door.

Unfortunately, we were too early for the celebrations in Panama City and Beach this year, but that is a great place to enjoy it, as is Mobile.  I've seen films of the one at New Orleans and think that would be too much for me.

Tonight, we go to a Mardi Gras party at Captain's Quarters after a chili cookoff at Stormy Monday.  Then, Monday at 9 PM CST, Tom Marker does his annual Lundi (Monday) Gras show on Bluesbreakers on WXRT in Chicago which streams live www.wxrt.com .

Have Beads Will Travel.  --RoadDog

No comments: