Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What Is It About President's Day That I Don't Care for Anymore

Yesterday, I was all set to go over to the local Steak 'N Shake for breakfast, but then heard on the radio that it was Presidents' Day and schools were closed.

I forgot, but not that many years ago, I wouldn't have.  That's because it meant, day off from the kiddies.  As a teacher, I liked the day.  Now that I'm not, I don't.  All it means is stay away from restaurants and movies as they are crowded with parents trying to get their kiddies out of the house.

Funny how a little thing like retirement can change your perspective of things.

Oh Well, Something I'll Just Have to Learn to Live With.  --RoadDog

No comments: