Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 15, 2013

It's Do Or Die Time for Four Well-known Retailers

From the January 27, 2012, Yahoo! Business, Wall Street Journal "For four retailers, Do or Die."

BEST BUY--  The big problem here is customers "Showrooming."  That is where they come in, look at the product and then go home and order online.

J.C. PENNEY CO--  Trying to ditch its old-fashioned department store image.

RADIO SHACK--  This company is 91-years-old and named after the shipboard communications cabin (I didn't know that).

SEARS-- Continually selling stuff off to show profits to keep stockholders happy.  Owned by hedge fund owner Edward Lampert.  I personally don't trust hedge fund folk.

I rarely go into Best Buy anymore as I no longer have an idea how to operate most of their stuff, plus, around here, when you do, you get attacked by Direct TV.  I don't even remember the last time I went into a Radio Shack.  I think I asked to get a cassette tape demagnetizer and head cleaner and they didn't know what I was talking about.

I hardly ever go to Sears or Penney's.  You know, they don't even carry CDs anymore.

Hoping These Old Companies Survive, But Doubt It.  --RoadDog

OVERHEARD IN 1955:  It costs $15 a day to stay in a hospital.  Who can afford that.

No comments: