Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Groundhog Day

OK, I admit it, I'm really into the whole Groundhog Day thing.  The movie was mostly filmed in Woodstock, Illinois, about 17 miles from our house.  It was filmed the same year we moved into the house and I sure would have wanted to see the filming of it had I known about it.

But, for some reason, we didn't know anything about it.  I did see the movie a long time ago, but it wasn't until about ten years ago, that I really got into it when I went to Woodstock's annual  Groundhog Day celebration and got hooked on it.

Unfortunately, it had been a long time since I had seen it and as it turned out, I sure didn't remember much about it.  One special part of the day (actually several different days) is the walking tour of the sites  Most years, Bob Hudgins does it.  He was the film guy who suggested filming be done in Woodstock to Harold Ramis and Bill Murray.

However, this time Steve Tobolowski gave the tour.  He was the one who played Needlenose Ned, the insurance salesman who had gone to school with Phil Connors.  I sure would have appreciated him being there more, but as I said, I didn't remember much about the movie.

"Watch Out for That First Step.  It's a Doozy."  --RoadDog

OVERHEARD IN 1955:  Did you hear the post office is thinking of charging 7 cents a stamp?

No comments: