Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

How Are You Celebrating Record Store Day? Willie Says, "Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die"

I plan on going over to Recycled Records as soon as the SCV meeting gets over today here in Springfield, Illinois.   Had I been at home, I'd be over at the Vinyl Frontier in McHenry.

A day for the little guys, the indies, and for old fogeys like me who still get a kick out of leafing through albums or CDs and like seeing stuff we understand.  Download?

As an additional incentive to get people out to the stores, the folks running the Record Store Day thing have over 350 exclusive releases coming out today.  Amounts and items will vary from store-to-store.

Chicago's WXRT, Chicago's Finest Rock, has been pushing the event a lot.

I found a list of some of the items on Yahoo!  Most of these 45s and EPs apparently are on vinyl.  Some of the groups I know (and there are a lot I don't know) with releases today are Black Keys, Bob Dylan, Dave (Don't drive your boat under my tour bus when I'm on the bridge) Matthews, Flaming Lips, REM and Willie Nelson.

OK, I haven't heard of Flaming Lips, but with a name like that it would seem something to check out.

Plus, I'm really hoping Recycled Records has that Willie Nelson release which is titled "Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die."  Considering Willie, I wonder what he's talking about?

A Day for Folks Like Me.  --RoadDog

No comments: