Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Where Were You Spring 1967?-- Part 2

That new episode of "Mad Men" was a good one Sunday night.

THE HAPPENING--  SUPREMES--  Title track from the film and much more happening than the film.
DON'T YOU CARE--  BUCKINGHAMS--  Their first hit on Columbia. Follow up to "Kind of a Drag."  (And a former Chicago band.)

MR. UNRELIABLE--  CRYAN' SHAMES--  Chicago's own, third consecutive Top Ten single in town.  (My second favorite Chicago band, after the New Colony Six.)
I'M A MAN--  SPENCER DAVIS GROUP--  I always thought the Stones had this song in mind when they recorded "Sympathy for the Devil."  (As fine of a Frat Rock song as there is.  Let's all chug!)

IT TAKES TWO--  MARVIN GAYE AND TAMMI TERRELL--  Recorded at Hitsville USA.
WESTERN UNION--  FIVE AMERICANS--  out of Texas.  (A band into communication.  Their other big hit was "Zip Code" recorded when that began reality.)

DARLING BE HOME SOON--  LOVIN' SPOONFUL--  (Probably my favorite song of theirs.  And, they had a lot of great songs.)
BABY, I NEED YOUR LOVING--  JOHNNY RIVERS--  A Four Tops song from 1964.  (Mr. Cover Guy)

"Bad News in His Hand."  --RoadDog


TOO PUNNY:  I'm reading a book about anti-gravity.  I can't put it down.

No comments: