Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Supported My Local (Well Sorta) Record Store Yesterday

After the SCV meeting at the Crown Plaza Hotel, we drove over to Recycled Records in downtown Springfield, Illinois, and, after negotiating all those many, many, many one-way streets downtown, found a parking space (parallel) right by the place.  After some checking on whether the parking meters were in effect today (they weren't) we went in.

Talk about your really narrow aisles.  Meeting someone coming the other way requires some negotiating, especially if someone is looking through the DVDs or CDs.

I overheard one employee saying that there were about fifty people waiting for them to open today and that he store was packed the first two hours, then had tapered off to a steady stream.  Great to see the Record Store Day effort paying off.

I ended up buying CDs by the Human Beinz "Nobody But Me" and "Lemon Pipers "Green Tambourine" and three DVDs.

I Did My Part.  --RoadDog

2 comments:

DennyG said...

I'm sure you know that the Lemon Pipers were a Cincinnati group but you may not keyboardist Bob Nave is still very active in Cincy music with a great blues band called the Blues Merchants.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuwBtXuQSY

RoadDog said...

I didn't know they were a Cincy group. I just knew "Green Tambourine" and "Rice is Nice."

Sure were a lot more Cincy groups than I knew.

I've listened to the CD and it is pretty good. Maybe we'll have to see the Blues Merchants.

I read that they were part of the Bubble Gum empire and not happy about it.