Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Every Bloomin' THing: Early April-- Winter's Last Gasp?

By the way, the "TH" in THing is done on purpose.  Not originally, but it kind of grew on me.  Guess I left my finger on the shift too long after I hit the "T."

We have a severe thunderstorm right now with lots of lightning and thunder.  Later today, maybe snow flurries.  Let's hope it's you-know-who's last gasp.

Yesterday, I picked one of the daffodils and brought it inside.  The first ones, by the heat outlet in the backyard, just started blooming.  Ah, the smell of spring.  Bringing in my first flower of the season is always a big thing for me.

The robins have been in the yard since early March.

I have already done some yard work in the back of the house, mostly trimming bushes and breaking down leftovers from last year.

At some point today, my lawn tractor gets delivered.  I have it worked on every spring to make sure it is in running condition.  That John Deere is now 18 years old.  And, the grass is starting to turn green, just in time.

Hurry Up Spring!!  --RoadDog

No comments: