Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Journal Goes to April 15, 1983: The Near-Perfect Game-- Part 1

I have been keeping a journal since 1978 and really wish I had started it earlier.

Here is my entry for that day which was a Friday..

"Chilly.
Picked up Chester and drove to Chicago, stopping at Gemini on the way for hotdogs.  (Chester and I had purchased Sox 20-game season tickets for 1983 which guaranteed us seats at the All-Star game and any playoff games.  Both of us were huge Sox fans, but the prize was getting to see the All-Star game.  Gemini was a little hotdog stand on Il-134 in Round Lake.  I had forgotten about Chester until I read this. I haven't seen him since about 1985.)

Traffic as usual wasn't moving too well but we still managed to get to Bridgeport in 1 hr. 15 minutes.  We had a drink at Bridgeport Pub and walked the short distance to Comiskey.  (This was before the Cubs got their night games and everything went to parking stickers for locals only around Comiskey and Wrigley.)

Our tickets are between third and home and the only shortcoming I could find was that we couldn't see one side of the scoreboard because of camera equipment.  (This evidently was the first game we used our tickets.)  We weren't uncomfortably cold."

More to Come.  --RoadDog

No comments: