Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

NC Spring 2013 Trip: April 1st-- Feeling a Bit Foolish

April 1ST

Left Goldsboro and took US-70 to I-40 and past the Raleigh-Durham monster car trap with no problem. 

Approaching Burlington, I got off the interstate and stopped at Hursey's BBQ.  I'd seen their billboards all these times driving through, but had never stopped.  They're considered one of the best 'cues in the state, which is saying something.

They sure earn that distinction.  As Arnold would say, "I'll be back!!"

Then, I-40 to US-421 to US-52/I-74 to Mt. Airy, then off at NC-89 and into Virginia on what is also called Skyline Highway, an apt name.  Beautiful drive.  My objective was the town of Galax, Virginia, from which the country station I listen to transmits. 

Drizzling and didn't see any likely stops, so got gas and back on I-77.  I missed the spot where they had that huge car crash in the fog yesterday at the Va-NC border.

RoadDog

No comments: