Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

North Carolina Summer 2016-- Part 5: Hanging Out at Topsail Beach, N.C.

July 24-July 26

I certainly enjoy driving over to either the Jolly Roger Pier or Godwin's every morning to buy my copy of the Wilmington Star-News, then coming back to the condo and having coffee and reading it on the front porch and listening to the ocean across the street.  Being on what is called the Second Row, we have Ocean Boulevard, a line of Front Row cottages and then dunes across the street between us and the ocean.

I have obviously been keeping up with the blogs, but plan to stop Wi-Fi, land phone and cable service at the condo before I leave.

It has been excessively hot with temps every day in the upper 90s, which has kept me inside a lot.   Just too hot to be outside much.  Not bad on the beach though as there always is a good breeze.

I go out and walk the beach looking for shells and "lima beans,"  rocks that have been polished into that shape by thousands of years in the ocean.  I wade in the water and often bring a chair and sit out by ocean.  Just love the sound of the surf rolling in.

Little Ol' Beach Bum Me.  --RoadDog

No comments: