Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Those "Idge" Phones At the Beach-- Topsail Beach, North Carolina

Again, an "Idge" phone are those cell phones that you see people blankly staring at (especially the 9 to 30 year-old crowd, but sadly, a lot of older folk,  "Idge" stands for "Idiot" phones.  My brother Bob refers to my flip phone as a "Dumb" phone.  It is only dumb because its owner has had it since 2002 and still doesn't know how to use it.  Actually, its owner is technologically challenged in today's pc speak.

I am now (Tuesday, July 26) at the condo at Topsail Beach, North Carolina.  Essentially it is and will be mine until I sell it (hopefully).

However, in case you're wondering what this has to do with "Idge" phones, I saw two REALLY sad things once I got here.  I saw three boys riding their bicycles down the side of the highway with cars whizzing by them within a few feet.  And, believe-it-or-not, these idiots were looking at their "Idge" phones.

And, when I walked across the street from the condo to the ocean, I saw three young teens walking on the beach and staring at their "Idge" phones as if in a trance.  Their phones clearly owned them.  And then, even worse, their father had his "Idge" phone out and was checking on wi-fi hot spots and calling out numbers.  I think they also might have been doing something with that Pokey Man thing.

I Done Believe  I Done Seen Elephants Fly.  --RoadDumb

No comments: