Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

How Chicago Rocked the 60s-- Part 2: The Best, New Colony Six, Of Course

Bands like the Buckinghams, Shadows of Knight (Jimmy Sohns and "Gloria", New Colony Six, Ides of March, Chicago Transit Authority (later shortened to just Chicago), Cryan' Shames and American Breed often had songs on the Top 40s.

We are going to see Jimmy Sohns and the Shadows of Knight at Antioch's Taste of Summer Festival this Saturday at noon to two.  Jimmy Sohns is recovering from a strike he had last year and this will be his first show since then.  I am really looking forward to it.

I am fairly sure we'll hear "Gloria" and "Oh Yeah."

And, as I pointed out in the headline of this blog entry, my favorite of all of the Chicago groups was New Colony Six.  I saw them at Palatine High School and their version of "Mr. You're A Better Man Than I" just blew me away.

Six For Me.  --RoadDog

No comments: