Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

North Carolina Summer 2016-- Part 4: Traffic, Fort Fisher, a Donut and Topsail Beach

SATURDAY, JULY 23

Chia made a great breakfast at Mom's house and I drove to Wilmington, N.C..  Wilmington has to be one of the worst cities to drive anywhere near it in the country.  If the traffic doesn't get you, the photo-enforced lights will.  Traffic is especially bad around UNC-Wilmington.

I went to my favorite history place, Fort Fisher which was the reason I got into all this history stuff that so impacted my life (why I taught social studies for 33 years).  Took as walk around the fort and then heard Richard Triebe talk about the fate of the Fort Fisher prisoners at the North's horrible Elmira Prison in New York where half of them died in just a few months.

Then got my Britt's Donut fix in Carolina Beach and drove to Topsail Beach to Mom's condo.

--RoadDog

No comments: