Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

WLS Top 40 Survey for July 15, 1966-- Part 3: "Somewhere My Love"

30.  SWEET DREAMS--  Tommy McLaine   #15 on Billboard.  A true one-hit wonder of a Patsy Cline hit.  Tommy McLaine (spelled McLain) was from Louisiana and almost sounded like a woman.

29.  SOMEWHERE MY LOVE--  Ray Conniff   #9 on Billboard.  His biggest hit from the movie "Dr. Zhivago."

28.  MUDDY WATER--  Johnny Rivers   #19 on Billboard  Full title name "(I Washed My hands In) Muddy Water."  Real name John Ramistella, born New York City and raised in Baton Rouge.

27.  BORN A WOMAN--  Sandy Posey   #12.  Country and western singer, session singer in Nashville, born Jasper, Alabama in 1944.

26.  LAST TIME AROUND--  Del-Vets   Did not rank on Billboard.  Also spelled Del-Vetts.  I'd never heard of them before, but evidently they were a Chicago band pushed by WLS and WCFL as they recorded on the Dunwich Records label.  A great fuzz bass.  Reminds me a lot of Chicago's  Shadows of Knight.

Name That Tune (from the above):  "I Was Home in Macon, Georgia."  --RoadDog



"(I Washed My Hands in) Muddy Water"

No comments: