Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Summer North Carolina 2016-- Part 1: Gettin' My Cincy Chili, Chocolate Uglys, Snappy Lunch and Wilber's 'Cue Fixes

JULY 19, TUESDAY

I left for North Carolina to help settle affairs with my mom's estate and took the usual route there, now becoming very familiar with the third trip in as many months.  I got through Indianapolis during rush hour without a problem and stopped for my usual Cincy chili fix at Skyline Chili.  I drove to the east side of Columbus, Ohio, and then went on to Athens, Ohio, where I stayed at Super 8.

JULY 20, WEDNESDAY

On US-33 to I-77 in West Virginia.  No Virginia peanuts at the Virginia Welcome Center, but they said they had it on order.  I need my Va. peanut fix as well.  Stopped at Wytheville, Virginia, for the cheapest gas of the trip, $1.90, and got my Chocolate Ugly fix.

Then stopped at Mt. Airy, N.C., for my Snappy Lunch porkchop sandwich fix.  I-40 was busy, but made it through the Raleigh-Durham "Strangler' always a horrible traffic jam.  Arrived in Goldsboro, N.C., and went to Wilber's BBQ for my 'cue fix with Bob and Andy.

Gettin' My Fixes.  --RoadDog



No comments: