Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The '85 Firebird Got Hit By a Foul Ball

I figured I was lucky to get a parking spot right next to the gate at this evening's American Legion Baseball game between our Fox Lake Bulldogs and Lake Villa.  I soon found out why I was so lucky.  A  Lake Villa player hit a towering foul ball that went over the huge screen and out into the parking lot where everyone heard a thud when it hit a vehicle.

This was about where I parked the Firebird, but I didn't go to see as a kid said it hit some Honda. Plus, the Firebird is in bad shape both exterior and interior and there is a problem with the engine.  Right now I am figuring on driving it until it quits on me.  A dent from a baseball would be no real big deal.

Later the same kid came back and said that someone had looked all over the car but couldn't find anywhere a baseball had hit.  He then described it as a real ugly Corvette.  Of course, an '85 Firebird did closely resemble a Corvette, but, how dare he refer to my car as ugly!!  Well, it is.

When I left, I looked at the exterior and found the same rust and dents as I had when I arrived, so no harm done.

Ugly!!  Ugly!!  How Dare the Kid!!  --  RoadUglyDog

No comments: