Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Summer North Carolina 2016-- Part 3: The Problem With Croakers and Mom's TVs

JULY 21ST, THURSDAY:  Bob's shredder gave out, so I went out and bought one.  Spent the day sorting through mostly medical records and destapling, tearing and sorting them out.

Bob and I went to a buffet place called Murray's in Goldsboro.  Good food, other than their fish-of-the-day, croaker.  I didn't think I would ever find a fish I didn't like. but this was one!!  Besides more bones than I could count, was that ever a fishy taste.

Later I had the '11 Malibu's oil changed and did some shopping at places we don't have around us at home like Big Lots, Books-A-Million and Target.

JULY 22ND, FRIDAY

One thing about Mom's TVs and that is that I have always had a problem turning them on.  Anywhere else, I just hit power and I have it.  But not Mom's TVs.  There are several steps you have to go through and me being technologically challenged, this is not an easy thing to do.

A whole lot more "paper" work.  Dollar Tree (for Mom's church donation Thank You notes), gas ($1.97), Ollie's (kind of a junky Big Lots, but you never know what you are going to find), K-Mart (none within 40 miles of us at home) and a visit out to Mom and Dad's graves at Willow Dale Cemetery.

--RoadDog

No comments: