Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, July 8, 2017

4th-en It-- Part 4: Red, White & Blue, Sunnyside Tap, Yard Work and a Bonfire


SUNDAY, JULY 2

Enjoyed Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots show on the Drive, WDRV, 97.1 FM as he saluted the "Red, White & Blue" with songs with those colors in it.  I listed the songs in my RoadDog's RoadLog blog earlier this week.

After a whole lot of yard work, we went to Sunnyside Tap where Liz won $25 again, that's two weeks in a row.  Great conversation there and watched both the Cubs and Sox win!!

Came home and I had my first bonfire of the year out on the Grand Strand patio in the backyard.

MONDAY, JULY 3

We had some rain earlier in the day.  I went to McHenry and checked out the garden nurseries at Wal-Mart, Home depot, Meijer and Big R.

I went to mega liquor store Binny's in McHenry and bought a 12-pack of Mick Ultra and got a 24 bottle case of water for one cent.  I also bought a Chicago Cubs bottle of Jim beam which was in the batch they opened on the night of November 2, when the Cubs clinched game seven of the World Series and finally were champions after 108 years.  Now the problem is, do I drink it?

We later went to Sunnyside Tap.

By the way, tomorrow, Bob Stroud will be playing the music from July 9, 1977 on his Rock and Roll Roots show on WDRV.  It streams at www.wdrv.com.

Sure Is a Long 4th of July Weekend.  --RoadDog


No comments: