Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Sure Rained On Our Parade Yesterday-- Part 2: Near Continuous Storms and Flooding


We lost electricity around 3 a.m..  Another problem when we lost electricity, being on a well, we also lose our water.  That also means no flushing toilets.  These are things I did not know about when we bought the lot.

There wasn't a lot to do because of no power, and even though the sun was up, there were full clouds obscuring it so even to dark to read on the front porch.  And, of course, no coffee.  I like my coffee in the morning.

I decided to go to our local McDonald's for coffee and a bite to eat, but before going I took a walk around the yard to check on things.  It wasn't raining at the time, but sure looked like it was getting ready to do so and soon.  Especially dark to the north of us.

I saw a lot of flooding in subdivision culverts and streets and in the farm fields on Sunset and Spring Grove Road on my way to McDonald's.

While eating at McDonald's, I saw a line of really dark clouds coming from the north.  Eventually, it was as dark as it is at 1 a.m..  And we had high winds and pelting rain.  I was starting to think tornadoes and figured I was not in a good place with all those big windows around.  I continued with my sandwich, but kept a weather eye out for funnels.

Too Bad the Boat Wasn't Still in the Drive-Way, We Might Have Needed It.  --RoadDog

No comments: