Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

About Last Weekend-- Part 4: Radio, Yard and Sunnyside


JUNE 25, SUNDAY

Sat out FP (Front Porch) in the morning for coffee and breakfast.  As I usually do.

As I do every morning, I listened to Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots on WDRV, 97.1 FM in Chicago.from 7 to 10 a.m..  Since this is the first official weekend of summer 2017, he played nothing but summer-related songs.

I am also recording Terri Hemmert's Breakfast With the Beatles which I will listen to later in the week.  It runs from 8 to 10 a.m. on Chicago's WXRT, 93.1 FM.

I did a lot of yardwork afterwards and later we went to Sunnyside Tap in Johnsburg, Illinois, for their 3 p.m. drawing where Liz won a $25 gift certificate.  We had been planning on going over to Captain's Quarters on Fox Lake to see their band (bands play 3 to 7 p.m. on Sundays during the summer), but we didn't make it, staying at Sunnyside and enjoying the camaraderie.  Sunnyside is a real "Cheers" kind of a place.

--RoadDog

No comments: