Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 14, 2017

About That Storm Wednesday Morning-- Part 3: Flooding, But Boat Is OK


After the rain stopped, I took advantage and went out to the car.  On my way back to the house, a little over a mile away, I found that there was a lot of flooding and even standing water in the culverts, something with our hilly subdivision doesn't happen often.

Our power was still out.and after awhile I decided to go to see a movie at 11:20 a.m..  I saw a huge flooded area in the low area by East Applewood Drive.  (The drainage basin behind our house was about 2/3 full as well.)

Once I turned onto Sunset, I saw why our electricity was out.  The electric company was working on power lines from a downed tree.  There was also a backup on US-12 due to a fallen tree.  Lights were out at US-12 and Fox Lake Road.

I stopped by Rick's to check on the boat.  It was ok, but the channel was flooding and we were several feet higher.  Rick's basement had flooded, but he found his sump pump wasn't on, so turned it on and soon had the several inches drained.

The movie I wanted to see "Cars 3" wasn't on, so went to Menard's and bought some flowers which are on big-time sale right now.  All this rain is good for the flowers, except in my containers with no drainage at the bottom, and those poor flowers went for a swim.

--RoadDog

No comments: