Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Just Some Stuff-- Another SNOWSTORM-- The Dove-- Back to Magee-- NCAA Tournament

JSS-- Just Some Stuff

1. Second Day of Spring-- 6 inch snowfall-- They've been calling it, and unfortunately, they were right. We're getting nailed with quite a late season snowstorm. Thinking there's about six inches of snow on the ground, but hard to say with all the wind.

Glad I didn't put the snow blower up. Looks like I'll be out in the elements shortly to get the white stuff off the driveway and sidewalk.

2. Dove even wants to come in-- While downstairs at Margaritaville watching the first round of today's NCAA tournament, a dove flew up to the barberry bush by the window and perched. It kept looking around, and finally made an attempt to come into the house via the closed window. Quite a bit of fluttering and banging before it gave up.

I guess it saw the plants inside the room and thought it was some secluded jungle and tried to get in out of the storm.

3. Back to Magee-- Just got an e-mail from one of the teachers on my former team saying the team is being transferred back to my old place of business, Magee Middle School, in Round Lake when it reopens this fall.

I taught there for 31 years before they closed it and moved us over to the new building. I must admit that I am still a Magee person at heart. E-mailed her back asking if I could come back!!!
Well... not really. I will go back for a visit when it reopens. I'll especially like to see what my old room, 227, looks like. I spent 26 years in that room.

4. NCAA Tournament-- The best sporting event of the year started yesterday, the NCAA Tournament. There have already been some great games, but that one last night between #2 Duke and #15 Belmont and today's #2 Tennessee and #15 American were something else. I'd never heard of either school before, but was pulling for them even though I normally would back Duke and Tennessee. I always pull for the Little Guys against the Big Guys in the tournament, regardless of who I have picked.

Right now, there's the Drake and Western Kentucky game. Both are Little Guys, but I go with Drake because it's closer. It's in overtime.

Postscript-- Drake made two free throws with 5.6 seconds left to take a 99-98 lead. Western Kentucky came down to hit a three as time expired to win, 101-99. How do you get better than that?

I picked UCLA to go all the way, playing my favorite team, UNC in the final.

No comments: