Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Again

I deejayed at Tom's Cafe in nearby Johnsburg on St. Patrick's Day, March 17th. Like with George's Cedar Inn, this was my 14th time to be there for the celebration. Tom always has his party on the actual day.

We weren't sure how big of a crowd would be there since it was on a Monday, so I started at 5 pm, with the though of wrapping up by 9. Wrong!! I ended up staying until 11. Sure glad I don't have to work the next day any more.

The place was packed with folks chowing down on cb&c, green beer, and Jamison's. They sure enjoyed my Irish songs and, even if I do say so, I have a great collection of them. Plus, I played a lot of medleys I've put together like Tommy James & the Shondells, Beach Boys, Elvis O' Presley, Herman's Hermits, and Gene Pitney.

Finished My Irish Thang. --RoadDog

No comments: