Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Property Taxes, How High is High?

I am of the opinion that my property taxes are a bit high out here in Spring Grove, Illinois. For an 2200 square foot home on an acre, I'm paying $7600. As a matter of fact, when I finally paid off the mortgage, my monthly property tax was the same as the mortgage payment!!! Now, that's BAD!!!

Yesterday, my buddy Kip and I took a ride out through a subdivision in Grayslake, Illinois and saw many For Sale signs all over the place. Several homes had flyers and we stopped to get copies.

These homes are on perhaps an 8th of an acre and although striking, some are modeled on Frank Lloyd Wright's work, not very big. Two were listed in the $420-465,000 range and one at $596,000. I doubt that any had more than 2200 square feet.

Now Get This--- Taxes on the two less expensive ones were around $10,900 and $14,114 for the bigger one.

Now, how are people going to be able to pay this much??

Guess I shouldn't complain as much. But I Will!!!

If we do move from here, a big part of it will be because of taxes. --RoadDog

No comments: