Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tote-Em-In Zoo-- Wilmington, NC

I got to wondering about the Tore-Em-In Zoo at 5811 Carolina Beach Road and that old elephant tied up outside that spent every day that I saw him with one foot tied to something as he would rock back and forth.

I came across an article saying it had closed after 50 years of operation in 2003. The owner at the time was Jerry Brown who had worked at the place his whole life.

The conditions the animals had to live in weren't very good by today's zoo standards.

The door to the place was a gigantic plaster lion head.

Sorry to hear it. Like Monkey Junction, it just meant that I was that much closer to Carolina Beach.

Then there would be my first glimpse of the ocean as we crossed over Snow's Cut Bridge over the Intercoastal Waterway.

Hoping to Visit the Area this Weekend. --RoadDog

No comments: