Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Nasty Good Friday Storm

That's how the Lake County News-Sun described that affront we got yesterday. Very good name.

That six inches we were supposed to get turned into 12, giving us about 90 inches for the year. I figured we were overdue to get nailed, but, hey, give us a break.

And...that was some miserable snow to move. It was heavy and very sticky. It soon became apparent that my little old snow blower was no match for it. I was beginning to figure on four hours to clear it off, when a neighbor came over with a tractor mounted snow thrower and made fairly short work of it. Man, do I owe that guy. A big old thank you to him.

After it was all up, the lovely village plow came through and put another 18 inches at the base of the highway. Thanks a lot to youse guys.

Temps are forecast in the 50s next week so hopefully we'll be clear of it by then. And, hopefully this is the last of the winter as well.

I'd Like to Point Out that NO snowmobiler Ever Came Over to Clear Off my Driveway this whole Winter!! It seems to Me to Be the Least You Could Do Before Heading Out to Have Your Fun. --RoadDog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nasty good! Gotta love that one.
Sorry about the snow.
Guess you're even more needful of Spring than me with my mud.

RoadDog said...

Definitely a bad winter here, but like I said, we;re overdue and Mother Nature is making up for lost time.