Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

And I Am Told I Have Too Many Records

I have quite a large collection of albums, 45s, cassettes and CDs, but back in 2008, there was a really large collection offered for sale with a price starting at $3 million.

The March 7, 2008, Chicago Tribune had an article "For the audiophile who has everything" by Sean D. Hamill.

Paul Mawhinney had been trying to sell his collection from his Record-Rama store north of Pittsburgh for over a month. And, this is NO LITTLE COLLECTION. He refers to it as "The greatest collection collection in the world," and with the 3-million plus albums, singles , CDs, tapes and 8-tracks which he has spent his lifetime collecting, he has a good case for the claim.

I have never counted, but probably have around 4,000, many as a result of the nearly 27 years I spent deejaying.

He says the Library of Congress says he has twice as many as them.

And, his is organized. He claims that he can find anything in a minute.

I can sort of do that as well.

Way Too Much Time and Money In This for Me. --RoadDog

No comments: