Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Here's a New NTN-Buzztime Site That Might Make It

Yesterday, I stopped off at the Kross Inn in Fox Lake, Illinois, on Grand Avenue, after having those great 25 cent tacos at Rookies on Il-134.

On Monday, I had seen that they had just gotten NTN so wanted to check it out. This place has been there for many years and at one time was owned by Al and Marge who we know very well from the American Legion. This is not one of your BW3s, Friday's or that type of place.

I'd describe it as more of a Cheers place.

Considering they've just had it for a few days, I was surprised to see three people playing when I walked in. One was the bartender and every TV in the place was tunes to the game. This is a great indicator of a place that just might be a success with the game.

The bartender is really hooked on it and played whenever she wasn't serving customers.

When at least one TV is on the game and the bartender is a fan of the game, the chances of the game being a success increases dramatically.

We played well, but no Top Twenties as the games were "Seen Its" so a lot of really high and perfect scores from those who had obviously already seen them.

This brings my total of new-to-me sites visited for the year to 141, has to be some sort of record. I need to get myself a life.

Too Much NTN. --RoadDog


No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery.

No comments: