Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Closing Out the Naughts, Bringing On the ?s

Or whatever you call this decade we're finishing up in a few days. Maybe you called it the "Os," "Ohs" or "Zeroes." I called it the "Retired Decade" as I finally reached that magical time in "oh six."

For me, it was also the "Pute" decade as I got my first computer. I also made the mistake of starting a blog, then two, then three and finally four. I even had thoughts of a fifth but thankfully never got around to it. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have the goal of an average of a post a day

Maybe it was the "Naughts" or "Oughts" as in I oughta've done this or that.

Anyway, we now face a new quandary. What do we call the new decade? "Teens" come to mind but don't really cover 2010, 2011 or 2012. Maybe "Preteens and Teens?" Or, "Oh Ones?"

Dazed and Confused in a New Decade. --RoadDog

No comments: