Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 4, 2009

JSS: Big Ten Wins, Finally-- Christmas Movie Favs-- Welcome to the Cold-- 2,191 Miles

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. BIG TEN WINS, FINALLY-- With the Illini coming back from 21 points down, I'm happy to report the Big Ten finally has its first win against the ACC in the Big Ten-ACC Challenge, with the Midwest taking 6 of 11 games. That's close, but it's a WIN!! Some mighty good college B-Ball this early in the season.

I am also an ACC fan, especially of Carolina, Duke, NC State (don't tell my dad) and Wake Forest. But these ten straight challenge losses were getting a bit old.

FINALLY!!


2. CHRISTMAS MOVIE FAVS-- Too bad Classic Cinemas Tivoli Theatre is so far away in Downers Grove, but they are running holiday classic movies on the big screen, including my three all-time favorites: It's a Wonderful Life (3) this weekend, A Christmas Story (1) Dec. 14th and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (2) December 17th.

I'll be watching them on TV, however. I did buy a DVD of Christmas Vacation as well.


3. WELCOME TO THE COLD-- Temp was at 24 degrees this morning, going to a high of 28. Monday, it was almost 70 in NC and I caught some rays. Guess I have gotten back to the North. How long till Summer 2010?


4. 2,191 MILES-- That's how far I drove the last 15 days. Love the road, but really like home as well.

Just Some Stuff-- RoadDog

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Sorry my Gophers didn't hold up their end on this deal. Am glad I ran across your two blogs. A very interesting smorgasboard of posts. I am a retired history teacher myself thoroughly enjoying retirement. I have a nature blog and a troutbirder II blog of random topics including a recent one on the civil war (Wasioja). I also do ocassional book reviews (mostly biography and history) Stop by and say hello some time!