Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

JSS: NTN Boycott-- NTN Problem-- Dose Jonses?

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. NTN BOYCOTT-- I have to admit this is a bit difficult for me, but I am on a month-long boycott of NTN, well, at least Players Plus points. I am still playing, but just as a guest since I can no longer sign in to get the Players Plus points because of the change-over to a new sign-in method to enable to folks on those hand-held devices to play.

I have nothing against the new sign-in system, but don't like that you have to have a different e-mail address for every name you play under. I have six and two e-mails. I'd like to keep the other four, but don't want four more e-mails.

So, until Fool's Day, I am just a "guest."



2. NTN PROBLEM-- We just got back from a trip, and, of course, we played at new NTN sites to us. This trip we got 13 new ones and also played at five others that we had previously played at.

One glaring problem we see with NTN is lack of players. Usually, Liz and I are the only ones playing in places. NTN is expensive for bars, so a lot of them drop it when they get too few players.

Whoever sells the systems has to make it a point to come back and not only "train" owners and bartenders, but also work with customers to get a group going. It seems to me that the NTN folk sell it and then leave it. Not the way to run a business.


3. DOSE JONSES?-- While I am on the subject, who are those Jones folk they keep showing between sets and games? Where do they play? And, are they real people? Why are several eating instead of playing? Are any of them over 25?

We VERY rarely see people younger than 30 or 40 playing the game. I guess NTN is trying to attract the younger folk. Could this be a hoax?

Really, It's Them, Not Me. --RoadDog


Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

No comments: