Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

St. Patrick's Parade

The weather was nice to hold off the drizzle and we managed to get the annual Lake Villa, Illinois, parade in. I only saw part of it as it was overcast, windy, and LOTS OF COLD in it. Saw part of it from inside George's Cedar Inn.

As usual, we had some absolutely great corned beef and cabbage with all the fixins. This year the price was $7 and it was all-you-can eat. I have cb&c all over, but never any better than you get here.

This is one of the few places I still deejay (with my cassettes and equipment I bought in the late 1980s). Had the usual good time. The folks especially liked it when I switched over to some 1980s country and also when I played "No, I Don't Want to Do Dat." "Blatz & Sauerkraut" and "We're on a Beer Run" by the Happy Schnaaps Combo which we found out is still playing. We definitely need to see one of their great shows this summer.

Played mostly Irish music from 11:30 to 2:00 and even if I do say so, with eleven cassette tapes, I have a great selection of all things Irish music.

By Gosh and Bygora. --RoadDog

Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up.

No comments: