Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Where Were You February 28, 1965?-- Part 1

Hard to believe this date is 45 years ago, almost HALF a CENTURY. Who'd have figured we'd still be around all these years on?

Bob Stroud did his monthly Rock and Roll Roots Time Warp to this date and the same in 1975, but. I was sitting out in the sun at Destin Beach, Florida, getting my last day of the sun in so didn't hear the show. I missed out on all those great comments the old walking encyclopedia throws out at listeners.


On February 28, 1965, I was an eighth grader at Winston Park Junior High School in Palatine, Illinois. I had just been moved from the 8-2s, the second highest class at the school to the 8-1s, the top. These were back in the days of tracking.

I was scared to death, but soon learned they missed questions as well, so it wasn't so bad. I was really applying myself, however. My algebra teacher, Mrs. Nesmith, caught me up with the class within a month. Her teaching enabled me to slide through algebra freshman and junior years in high school. I did so well, I didn't even have to take the subject at NIU.

I lived with my family at 1148 Anderson Drive in the Winston Park subdivision.

However, at Georgia, they insisted I take it. easiest "A" I ever got in college.

Forty-Five Years Ago Seems Like a Long Time Ago. How Fast Time Flies By. --RoadDog


Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive.

No comments: