Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where Were You February 28, 1975?-- Part 1

Bob Stroud jumped ahead ten years to 1975. Again, I was in Florida when this aired, so missed his comments, unfortunately.

I was in my second year of teaching at John T. Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois, with Jim Rogers as principal and Bob Ballinger assistant. I had three grades to teach: 7th, 8th and 9th.

We were living at the Villas By the Lake apartment complex in Vernon Hills, but had bought a new Fairfield Homes house in Round Lake Beach and were getting FHA papers in order. The $33,000 for house and lot seemed like millions for a guy earning $8300 a year, whether he needed it or not.

Liz had just gotten a job teaching first grade in the Round Lake District at Beach School.

We were getting used to "raising puppy." We had recently gotten a sheltie/beagle mix puppy from Lamb's Farm in Libertyville. That dog survived because I loved it just a little bit more than I wanted to kill it. It was driving me nuts.

Music Up Next. --RoadDog

No comments: