Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Arrrgh!! It's a Pirate's Life for Me

As expected, the newest Disney entry in the Pirates series "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" opened this past weekend to huge audiences. As a matter of fact, it set a new international box office record with $256.3 million, breaking the old one held by "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" which did $236 million opening weekend.

I did not see the new pirates, though. I do not like crowds. And this one was going to have crowds. Give me elbow room. I'm in heaven when I have my own "private showing" where I am the only one in the theater. I may get out to see it sometime this week. I may even get the great stay out of the theater Liz to go see it as she is a REAL BIG Captain Jack fan.

Friday, we drove by the Fox Lake Theatres and the parking lot was packed. Wonder what they were seeing?

I was quite surprised Saturday night to tune into the USA Network and see them showing "Pirates of the Caribbean: Farther Shores" in its entirety, WITHOUT COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTION. Even Captain Jack would find that interesting.

Love That Captain "But You Have Heard of Me" Jack Sparrow. --RoadDog


ONLY IN AMERICA...Do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions filled, while healthy people can buy their cigarettes at the front. (And not have to wait as long either.)

No comments: