Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Well, I Cut the Tree

Yesterday, I did something I've been putting off for a month. I cut the half of the Bradford pear tree that blew down in last fall's wind storm. It was about a third of the fully mature tree. Part of it was in Frances' Back 40 flower bed and part on the lawn.

The last several days, I had been out with hand-held clippers trimming off the smaller branches.

About three years ago, I had bought an electric chainsaw from Aldi's for $40, but until last fall didn't really need it. The tree was more than I cared to cut with a handsaw.

I got the directions out and read closely about the operation of it, especially about some dangerous called kickbacks. I don't mind saying I was a bit scared of it, hearing so much from friends about the dangers.

Well, I cut the tree into pieces and still have ten fingers and ten toes. I counted just to be sure. It was nowhere near as bad as I feared.

I have a nice pile of cut wood now.

However, it did take my hands quite a few hours to stop shaking from all that motion.

Looks Like I'll Have a Lot of Firewood for the Pit. --RoadDog


YOGI BERRA"S LAST SAY: It ain't over till it's over.

No comments: